With at least 3 blogs from branches of the Arnott family keeping the rest of us up to date, I thought I'd help you "subscribe" to these updates so you know when someone posts to their blog and can read it easily.
First, let's review the family blogs thus far (that I know of):
- http://blog.mysideoftheweb.com/ (Andrew + Cheryl)
- http://hancockarnott.blogspot.com/ (Sarah + Sheldon)
- http://danwebbfamily.blogspot.com/ (Rebecca + Dan)
- Not listed here? Get your blog started so we can keep up with what's going on in your life. Here's a good place to start your new blog (it's free): http://www.blogger.com.
Here's how you can add these blogs to Gmail so you are more likely to notice when someone posts something while you're just reading your Gmail:
- Get into your Gmail account.
- Click Settings
- Click Web Clips
- Fill in the "Search by topic or URL" box with the blog URL you want to stay up to date on. (one of the ones listed above)
- Click Search
- Click Add
- Keep repeating the last few steps until you've added all the blog URLs you want.
- Click the "remove" links next to any web clip lines you're not interested in seeing.
- Click Inbox.
Then you can click the Right button on the end of the Web Clip bar until you see some recent blog posts. You won't always have to click that arrow. When new posts are added to a blog you're interested in, they'll just show up in that ticker.
If you'd like an app that helps you subscribe to all these updates where you can read through lots of past entries at once, try Google Reader.
- Visit http://www.google.com/reader
- Click the "Add subscription" link
- Type in one of the blog URLs listed above.
- Repeat to add each of the blogs you're interested in.
- Click the "All items" link to read entries from all of your subscribed blogs, in chronological order.